The poker game has several variants. Most of these variants are introduced in the U.S in the middle of the 18th century. There is a standard order to play in all the games. Still, suppose you specify any particular poker game. In that case, it is imperative to consider which hand holds the higher value and the number of betting rounds in the game. What types of cards are dealt with in the game? What actions are to be taken between the rounds? Whether you are playing poker at a land-based casino or trying out the poker online games, you should follow a fixed set of rules and strategies to help players win.
Some of the Popular Poker Variants
There are three poker variants you can find in the casinos and poker rooms across the world, and they are divided into three categories-
These are the games where the players can deal with the complete hand, hidden hand, and then improve it by replacing it. The most common variant of this game is the 5-card draw.
In these games, the player gets a combination of face-up cards and face-down cards in various betting rounds. The most common of these types is a 5-card stud and 7-card stud game. These two variants are played in other formats too.
Community Card Poker
In this game, each player’s incomplete hidden hand is combined with the face-up cards. The most common variant of this game is the Texas Holdem and Omaha Hold’em.
Some Common Rule Variations in Poker
If you are new to poker games, you should know the rules and variations in each poker game. Knowing the rules will help you further to win the jackpot.
- LOWBALL- in this variant, the lowest hand generally wins the pot. Various rules are available whether to access the count as a low hand and the effects of straights and flush. The most common lowball variants are 2-7 Triple Draw and Razz.
- HIGH-LOW SPLIT– the highest and lowest hands split the pot. Generally, there is a qualifier for the low hand. For instance, the low hand should have five cards with ranks less than 8. An example of this Game is Anaconda.
- KILL GAME- when a fixed limit game is being played, the player wins two pots in a consequent row, and the stakes are doubled. In some of the split-pot games, the player wins both halves of the pot and cause to kill. The player can choose to kill the game by putting a double bet after getting the 1st two cards in some lowball variants.
- WILD CARDS are also added to the game. This can be made by merely adding the deuces wild to 7-card stud variant in the 7-card variation.
- A STRIPPED DECK can also be used in the poker game. Poker was first played with 20 cards. In poker history, players will at times play with the stripped deck. A standard poker variant in Spain is played with cards 8-A. It is played like Texas Hold’em except the one card dealt at once, and players must use both hole cards.
These days, online poker games have become quite popular among players. They have realized the benefits of playing poker on websites. Players do not have to visit the land-based casinos to play the games; they can now sit in their homes and play whenever they want. If you also want to try your luck, you can play free games where you do not have to spend money.