Poker Lover? You must have come across the term “bluffing” and must have used it while playing online or live poker games. Bluffing is an art and as said by the poker pros, the ones who bluff must do it in a subtler manner such that the opponents have no idea about it. Almost everyone poker player does it but very few know how to do it well. The poker bluff is a refined skill that needs practise and the most important information about the same is that it can tilt a game in your favour if used sparingly and at the right time. On the other hand, it can just act against you when you make a wrong use of it while playing Indian poker.
What is the right time to bluff?
In order to learn when is the right time to use your bluff the first thing one needs to know is the behaviour of the other players in the game or at the table. It is important to understand the betting habits of those at the table and only this will help you provide a well-timed bluff. Few steps that will help in bluffing while you play, Indian poker online:
- Establish yourself as a consistent player, show the others playing with you that you don’t make a bad habit of raising when you are holding a pair of deuces or holding back and calling with a full house. Establish your table character so you can use your bluff effectively.
- Once you feel you have established your betting identity at a given table in any well-known Indian poker sites like most trusted online site Poker Dangal, and have a good read at the betting habits of others you are now ready for your first bluff. The two players you have marked as quick betters raise with their first bets while at the same time those you have marked as “rocks” or conservative betters have either called or folded leading to your ideal bluff scenario.
- Start off with a conservative raise as you are not trying to scare off the “maniacs” still in the game. If the quick betters once again raise you are now set to begin betting aggressively with the intent of either building the pot or scaring of those faint of heart.
- At this point the knowledgeable players remaining in the game will either decide it is time to fold or will counter with a call. The novice player marked as a “maniac” will see too enthralled with the size of the pot to back out at this time which is exactly what you were hoping for.
- The ideal bluff strategy is what is called a semi-bluff, where you may be holding a pair of low numbered cards that offer you a chance at winning the pot against the “maniac” bluffers simply waiting for all the other players to fold.
Using a well-executed bluff will also help you with your strong hands, as now the possibility of you bluffing has been shown to the other players. They may go deeper into a game with an average hand knowing there is the possibility you are playing another bluff. Use the bluff sparingly and on perfect time at the table will be much more enjoyable and profitable while you are playing Indian poker game!